#EquipSA Session 6: Tyrone Daniel
Partnering for Purpose
What God has done this week, is not only just for this week.
Our churches should be different.
Our Businesses, our families, our nation should be different.
2 Corinthians 10:12
This is more than Paul’s heart. It is God’s heart.
We don’t need to catch Paul’s heart. We want to catch God’s.
What is His heart for the nations?
It is about partnership, taking new ground and going forward.
We need pioneers.
People to go from this place saying “There is more God!”
Taking a hold of all the above.
Not just the Jerusalem or just the Samaria.
Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria.
People have asked me, “Why are you in America? Isn’t that a Christian nation?”
70% of the people in our city of Denver are un-churched, never heard the Gospel.
That’s why we are there.
We need to understand partnership and relationship.
Without the Translocal, the local church will never flourish.
If it’s a Bible value, then it’s our value regardless how un-impressive it sounds.
We are not based on a NCMI manual.
We are based on the Word.
The next season is about responsibility – together, we can do this.
There is no insignificant Church in God’s eyes.
We need you, whether you are 3 or 3,000,000 people.
Two fellows on a ship = fellowship!
We are not looking for ‘friends’, we are looking for partners.
There are many who say they are ‘friends’ with us, but we need more than friends.
We want relationship, but more importantly we want partnership.
Disciples are not followers of us.
They are followers of Jesus.
The Good News needs to be preached, not the Church’s news.
Part of the role of the Apostolic relationships is to bring liberation, strength, courage and freedom.
Paul had a strategy but he also relied on the Holy Spirit.
It’s not just strategy that will make it happen.
Strategy + The Holy Spirit = Success
We have to have the ability to hear God.
We don’t ask God, and that’s why we don’t hear Him.
We may spend hours in prayer, asking God for things…
But if we don’t know and catch His heart, it’s as if we’re not hearing Him.
Are the prayers we are praying God’s prayers?
As a Leader, what is our job?
1. Keep people focused on the King and the Kingdom
- Sing about Jesus
- Preach about Jesus – Equipping the saints for service
- How and what to Pray – Your Kingdom come
- I don’t see the World going to the Church; I see the Church going to the World
2. Help people be Faithful
- Most of what Jesus preached was about being faithful
- We have been entrusted with the Keys of the Kingdom
3. Full of Faith
- Help people believe God for the impossible
4. Keep people Free
- It was for freedom that Christ has set us free
- We don’t force our own un-written and personal preferences and laws upon God’s people
- Let’s liberate God’s church to bring liberty to the nation
- God is the Gardener, not you and I
- The purpose of pruning is not to hurt or destroy, it is to bring fruit
- Working together for a greater purpose
- In partnership, we are in this thing to further the Gospel into new regions and new places
- Taking ownership
- Let’s not be scared of the “f” word – finances
- We sow our way out of famine
Tests we face as Leaders:
- Financial – Will I trust God to provide?
- Faction – Will I trust God when people oppose me?
- Faith – Will I believe God for the impossible?
- Future – Do I believe that God will help me build for the future?
- Focus – Do I trust God to keep me focused on what’s most important?
What can take us out?
- Our preferences
- Pressure to perform, to please everyone and to make things happen